Financial freedom is all about discipline. Despite the popular belief that only rich can retire as a millionaire, the truth is far from it. Keeping that in light, we started a Financial Freedom series not too long ago. In this video message series, we have posted multiple step by step basic videos on how you too can be financially free. The videos can be seen at www.facebook.com/ontrackrealty.com along with many other ongoing updates. The best thing will be to scroll down to get to the first video, start with that. And then follow part 2, then 3, etc. Like our facebook page and you can see many informational posts there automatically, including these posts.
One question that often comes up is about how hard the things are and where we can find the savings. Very genuine question indeed but the solution is not as difficult. We are outlining few thoughts here.
How to save $10/day regardless of your income to help build your long term financial health, and physical health too. Here are few things you can identify and save on, if you choose to do so.
1. Avoid soda with your meals. Soda is expensive when you buy outside and is full of sugar anyhow, a silent killer. Save $3/$4 daily by avoiding it. If you must drink soda, buy cans, they are under 25cents each when you buy a case. Drink max three a week and then slowly cut down.
2. Make coffee at home or office. Do not buy expensive coffee at stores. Save $5 to $10/day.
3. Quit smoking. Save $5 or more daily and save your health too. Later it will cost a lot extra in health and medicines too. So save now, save later too.
4. Stop having alcoholic drinks outside. A beer bottle at home will cost $1 vs $5 at the bar. Plus drinking at home is safer, no DWI.
5. Stop buying brand name outerwear, it's the fastest way to burn your money. Don't impress others. Impress yourself by watching your bank account grow. Save hundreds each year.
6. Stop watching movies in the theater regularly. Each movie costs over $40 for two when you add popcorn etc.
7. Before you spend on anything, pause and ask - Do I have to spend this, is there a better way?
You see, there are many ways to save. Only you can identify your habits and see where you are willing to make the changes to see your retirement account grow.
The next question that then automatically comes up is - should we not enjoy our life? Once in a while exceptions in everything are OK. We are talking about possibilities and helping you identify where the savings are possible. Once you develop these good habits and your account starts growing, you will soon realize that the money being wasted before was wrong to do.
Wishing you a large retirement account. Start young, it is very possible. You can be a millionaire, yes you can be. BTW, don't forget to watch the videos, they are there for you. And if you have any questions, we are happy to help you. We are not financial experts but none of the above needs expertise. Any one can do this. Visit www.facebook.com/ontrackrealty to watch them and then take action.
On Track Realty, serving clients with honesty and integrity since 1994. Ready to buy or sell your home or an investment property, residential or commercial? We are here to help you, call us at 732.494.2211. Track us at www.ontrackrealty.com for listings, informational blogs, current value of your home, etc etc.
Interested in joining our team? Talk to us and see how we are different.